Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Leaving

My obsession with books might have gotten out of hand today. Luckily my mother was with me so, she bought the seven books I wanted. (God Bless Her) But hey she could be feeding an addiction a lot worse, and plus we are members at Barnes and Noble, so we got 40% off on two of the books. Needless to say this didn't silence her "Jesus Christ!" as I hauled the books to her to see if she could help me pick one, (or two). Oh and I believe I should mention that I was totally going to pay for my own books. I believe her patience to deal with me saying, 'Well Augusten Burroughs IS genius, but a little chick lit never hurt anyone" had been lost after the third mention of "but I really wanted to get this one." Also it was hard for me to pick when the seven books were by three of my favorite authors. To make a long story short, I will be fed less this week, but my reading material will be phenomenal!

I already finished the first book and it was amazing. Check out the Ivy League Novels. If you enjoy semi chick lit, in a college setting, random sex scenes, and creepy edge-of-your-seat secret society conspiracies, pick them up! I was lucky, I didn't realize that just yesterday the third installment had come out, so I bought that as well. <-- or my mother, for story telling purposes I will be more relative with my pronouns, please forgive- Anywho, now I am on my way to beginning that one.

After my Ivy League Novels are finished -atleast till the next one comes out, summer 2009 for your information- I will read Emily Giffin's Love the One Your With, then Augusten Burroughs' Dry, Sellivision, and A Wolf at The Table. Chick Lit may not be for everyone, but if you have yet to read anything by Auguten Burroughs you need to. He is absolutely brilliant. I have actually yet to read is best selling novel Running With Scissors, which is what he is most famous for. I will get to that.

First, I have to get through my current books. Then find a way to pay back my wonderful mother who funds my addiction, and is probably keeping many of Barnes and Noble employees fed. I should have them all sign a thank you card and then I can get a library card...more on that later...

No comments: